Thursday, June 18, 2015

Development Character Sheet - Alushtas "Hermit"

Name: Alushtas
Level: 4
Race: Water Genasi
Class: Sorcerer
Faction Level: Harpers, Rank 2 (not mentioned publicly)
Secret Missions: 0

Background 
I was adopted and raised as a farmhand, but grew disillusioned. I turned my back on that lifestyle, family, and Common name long ago.
In my search for meaning, I found myself alone on an island which housed the ruins of a small temple built around a lake. This temple housed a stone which glowed when immersed in water, and in the moonlight it displayed symbols I could not understand. I studied the stone, and used a slim metal chain to fashion it into a necklace. This ruined temple became my place of meditation. As the ocean and the sun cycled, time seemed to become such a trivial thing. Many seasons passed; decades, perhaps?
One night, a particularly violent storm put a permanent end to my peace, as it delivered a wooden ship to the nearby shoals. The ship split open and spewed forth a small restless army of elves. I despised them at first but attempted to communicate with them, as I wanted them and their ship gone. Fate smiled upon us, as I realized we have a common goal. I taught them how to survive on the island. They taught me their language. They referred to me as alushtas. The brighter ones realized that I am a seeker of knowledge and approached me one night, describing the existence of an organization called the Harpers. They referred to my water manipulations as a school of magic called Sorcery, and explained that my natural ability is simply the beginning in a vast field of study.
Together, we engineered a solution to their conundrum: they worked together to build a retaining wall around their ship, and as I guided the ocean waters into it their ship was seaborne again. I felt accomplished. In their absence I was pleased to see the island become peaceful again. But the Harpers claimed that if I wanted to truly understand the world, it could not be accomplished in solitude. Perhaps they were right? Moreover, I quickly came to the realization that my glowing pendant had gone missing - I had not seen it since the elves were on the island. What was the true significance of that stone? 
Clearly I had to bid farewell to this place, at least for now.


What was your flaw?
I am willing to make great sacrifices for a little knowledge I seek.

How has this flaw influenced your life?
This has led to an ascetic lifestyle.
I keep few possessions.
I only look for employment when I am starving, or it empowers me to gain knowledge.

Are you aware of this flaw?
Some others think this is a flaw. I think they put too much value on materialistic and mundane distractions.

Have you realized you have more flaws along the way?
I have difficulty appraising the value (wealth) of possessions.
I rarely form close relationships with others, but have learned how to approach strangers politely.

What was your initial bond?
I am driven by my thirst for knowledge. I intend to learn the plans that the deities have for our world, and learn the sciences behind the forces of the universe. Some would call this knowing the 'mind of the gods', and others would call it forbidden knowledge.
I am seeking the pendant which I lost.
My adoptive family may still be looking for me.

Does that bond still stand?
Yes.

What is the most significant bond in your characters life currently?

The search for knowledge, which may involve the elves I once knew and the missing pendant.

What is your characters bond with each of your main party members(one to three sentences on each character)?
Sam - A practical joker. Doesn't seem malicious, but I suspect she was voice in the swamp who convinced me nobody was there that night.
Ril - A guarded personality, understandably.
Kieran - May have sticky fingers, but I have nothing to lose. Mutters things in his sleep about myconids and gnolls. 
Alphonse - He mended my outfit, but also tailored it to his liking. It started as a plain robe, now it now has frills and lace. I reluctantly still wear it because I cannot afford to replace it.
Taman - His style is a bit bold. I do not know what his motives are.

What is one place you have visited that you would like to visit again?
I don't have a lot of places to go back to, but when the time comes I would like to return to my island and reflect on what I have learned.

If you were to retire, have you found where you want to retire?
Retirement is not in my plans.

What is your current main goal as a character?
I am seeking knowledge, and a good means to that end may involve a library or the elven harpers who I met on the island.

What is one item your character really wants?
 The pendant I lost, and a new set of clothes.


It feels awkward, writing about myself this way -
Alushtas

No comments:

Post a Comment